As a moderator, I spend a good bit of time in the forum.
I've been noticing for a while now that very few of you seem to have provided an Avatar picture to 'dress up' the posts you make.
In case anyone needs information on how to do this, I've decided to post the information you'll need.
1) You will need a picture, screen-capture, drawing, etc.
please keep in mind that the lower limit on user age for our forum is 13, so please keep it clean
Your pic needs to be about 200 pixels X 200 pixels
Your pic or screen-capture will need to be site-hosted to provide an URL
preferred hosting sites include Imgur and PhotoBucket, as these sites carry no embedded ads
screen-captures may be taken with most computers via the Print Screen button, which will need
extensive cropping, or by image-capture software. One of the best is Lightshot, but there are
2) If you don't already belong to a hosting site, you will need to join one, or the
artist who prepares your picture will need to provide you with an URL from
here's mine as an example- http://i.imgur.com/Rbkx0fa.png
Doing the Job-
1) Look in the lower right corner of your game screen for the gear-shaped icon
and hover over it to open the menu.
2) Click the forum link
3) When the forum opens, look in the upper right corner for your forum profile
name and click on the arrow to open the panel. Look for the "My Settings"
4) Click on "My Settings" to open to your profile settings, the first setting will be
be the update link for your Avatar
5) Click the "Change my photo" button
6) When the new panel opens, you click the fill-in button for "Use custom photo"
enter your URL into the box provided either by hand, or by copy & paste from
your image hosting service.
7) Click the Import button
If all has gone properly, you should now have a new Avatar
You can check this by once again opening your profile link (name) in the upper right corner, and choosing "My Profile"...
the picture you linked should be displayed.
hope this information proves useful
Enigma: "This word starts with an “N” and ends when Sun rises."